Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tough Love

This morning as I was rushing around to get out of the house I sipped away at my cup of Lipton orange pekoe and black tea.  ahhhhh nothing like those first few sips of liquid caffeine.  Now that I had my boost i was on my way!



I went to my T.O.P.S. meeting after having been away for a month.  I gained 3.25 lbs. And we had double fines!  Not to worry my fee was $2.00.  During the month I was away they had changed one of there procedures. The weight recorder calls out our names and as they go around the tables we would say whether we had lost, gained or maintained.  If you maintained or lost...applauds. (which always feels great) if you gained...they throw tomato's at you.  Ha! had you going....They used to say, "We're glad your here."  I had really liked that.  That was one of the reasons I liked going.  but noooooooooooooo they had to change it to, "you chose".  Or something like that.  How awful...I didn't choose to gain weight, I only chose to eat a kitkat bar.  Sheeshhh!   Oh well. I suppose they are going the tough love route.  You know when you were a kid you parents would say that you couldn't pass that test and you would say, "Oh, yes I can!"  That didn't work on me then and I don't think 20 people telling me "I chose" is going work now.

Working towards my goals:
I never ended up not getting in my yoga but did a little over 2 miles walking outside.  So movement is movement! Today I did pretty well with my food and did my Curves work out! 
Yay me!! 

How is your day going?

2 comments:

  1. Movement is movement! When I get finished with blogging I am going to take an evening jog. I've been sitting in Starbucks for five hours (not good, eh? LOL). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best advice i heard lately was
    "if hunger isn't the question, then food is not the answer"
    good one huh?

    ReplyDelete