Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just say No!

This is going to be a mental health moment.  Why? Because we all need mental health moments and too many of us just don't pay attention to our own needs.  I did today and it felt soooooooo good!  Shut off that pressure cooker.
I have found that sometimes I get caught up in all the things I should be doing and neglect the things that I want to be doing.  I realize that means I have good priorities...I'm a responsible person but..BUT...BUT when do I get to do the things that I want to do?

This required some serious relaxation tea.    The fragrance of the jasmine just makes you inhale deeply and sigh.  It's as if your body knows this is going to be "me" time.  It's almost as good as a spa pedicure.  I just had a thought.  Imagine a cup of green jasmine tea while your having a spa pedicure.  Ohhhhhhh spa people are you reading this?

By now your probably wondering what this has to do with saying, "no".  That is exactly what I did today.  I said, "No, I'm not going to be able to make that meeting.  No, I won't be able to come over today.  No, I really don't want to eat that.  No, I won't be available."  I didn't get any of the reactions I expected.  Not one person said that I was letting them down.  No one had a hissy fit and the sun did not become eclipsed.  Life went on.

I have no idea why I think I have to be so much but it was very liberating to say no and realize that life went on.  I think I am going to start using the word "should" less.

My perfectly brewed (3 minutes no more) cup of green jasmine tea was all it should be.  It was slightly sweet, fragrant and soothing all at once.

Have a wonderful afternoon! Remember you can say no and be sure to take out 15 minutes and enjoy a cup of tea.  It's good for the soul. :)



2 comments:

  1. tomorrow I'm gonna say no
    and take 15 minutes to enjoy a cup of tea
    cuz
    it sounds like good advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to let me know how it worked for you! :)

    ReplyDelete