Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dr. Oz talks about simple sugars



I've been battling with sugar for weeks.  No, make that months now.  Frustrating!  I don't want them and they are everywhere.  When I don't eat them I crave them.  When I do eat them I crave them.  I cut them out and feel awful.  BUT...I know if I wait long enough I'll feel great.  Last time I managed I was full of energy. 

How many times have you read a food label and wondered to yourself why do they even put sugar in there?  It's not necessary and that food tastes fine without it.  A great example of that is peanut butter.         

I came across this clip.  Someone wrote in to either Marlo Thomas or the Huffington Post, and there was Dr. Oz to answer the question.  How can a person lose weight without dealing with all the fad diets?  His response was eliminate simple sugars.  Here he gives his 10 cents worth -  Dr. Oz on simple sugars

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... I still crave sugar... I've cut back which seems to make everything sweet taste even more sweet,making me crave more. How is that for irony? (LOL) :-)

    ReplyDelete