Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Strong Moment

I had a moment and it was wonderful!  

We had just finished painting and carpeting two bedrooms in our home.  My dear husband had come home after a hard day of outside work and in Florida that is no easy feat.  My son and I had made a serious dent in putting the closets and furniture back where they belong, but as son's do - he cut out to hang out with his girl.  I really can't complain because he did do a lot of work.  

The Curves Circuit
Honey and I looked around at what was left to put away and then we looked at each other.  The largest piece of furniture was a queen sized futon.  I suggested we move that first and at least reclaim our living room again.  He looked over to me and said, "I don't want to make you feel bad but I just don't think you can help me move this."  I didn't want to brag but I really thought I could.  I suggested we give it a try and if I couldn't help we'd call a neighbor.  Needless to say it was my moment.  The culmination of afternoons spent at Curves came together.  My biceps tightened, my knees bent (never lift with your back!) my thighs tensed and .... ta da! We had lift off.  We eased that sucker out of the livingroom, into the bend of the alcove, into one bedroom so we could make the corner and then voila!  I was soooooo proud.  He didn't need to give me kudo's.  (Which was a good thing cause I'd still be waiting!).


I am extremely proud of myself because while I haven't lost as much weight as I would have liked (still working on it) I am becoming stronger.     

I would never have thought that at 52 I would be getting stronger and fitter.  But I am and it feels great. 
I need a cup of tea to celebrate! Yay me!

1 comment: