Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Flowering Tea

I received a Flowering Tea set a few years ago for my birthday.  Since then I've enjoyed quite a few cups of this delicious tea.  The set itself came with green and jasmine tea flowers.  My honey  suggested that I use my own pictures instead of professional ones like the the one above. 

I thought I'd use both. The picture on the left is my very own pot...with the flowering tea in the pot.  The tea pot comes with a glass insert that you drop the ball into.   Then pour boiling water over it and let it steep no longer than 3 minutes.  You should never steep green tea for longer than 3 minutes or it will taste too bitter.  (Now you know why that green tea you tried once 2 years ago was so awful.)

After the water is poured over it, it doesn't take long to go into full bloom.  It really does look pretty doesn't it?  I wasn't disappointed.  I  removed the insert with the flowering tea and put the tea into a small tupperware container and placed in the fridge.  I have found that I can get 2 pots from one tea flower.  I fill it up as much as you see here in the picture.


I get 2 small mugs worth plus a little more.  Here I am ready to bring it in and enjoy a cup with my husband while we discuss today's events.

Notice, no fattening cake or cookies.  :)  Yay me!


No comments:

Post a Comment