Friday, July 1, 2011

The 17 Day Diet - Day 2

Day 2 started off well. During cycle 1, called the Accelerate phase we are asked to have 2 probiotic foods daily.  One of my choices is greek yogurt. (mmmmm) My favorite brand is Chobani, and my favorite flavor is lemon.  Today I had that for lunch with 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries.  It was soooo good. Yum!  Here's the catch, the diet wants me to choose plain yogurt and add sugar free preserves.  I tried that before.  I gave it a really, really good try and it just doesn't cut it.  So...I've already tweaked.

I didn't get in my second probiotic and I ate watermelon after 2pm. I know it's only day 2 and I'm already messing up.   

I absolutely refuse to call it quits.  I'm just going to keep doing the best I can.  I hate that mindset I've so often found myself in.   What I'll do is decide I'll just start over tomorrow.  Why wait till tomorrow when I can just turn my day around now and conclude it on a good note.

I also picked up the ingredients for the Chicken Vegetable Soup recipe from the book.  My plan is to make the vegetable part of the soup and bake a couple of chicken breasts to eat on the side.  I've made it a few times and I really didn't care for how the chicken tasted in the soup.  The soup itself was very good and it stands good enough on it's own.

That's it for Day 2

1 comment:

  1. I refuse to call it quits too. Lost 17 pounds. Still chipping away at my diet. :-)

    ReplyDelete